Fantasy basketball is a great hobby, and you can be a part of it whether you’re new to basketball or have been a fan for years.
Just taking part in fantasy basketball is fun; but, let’s face it – it is more fun when you’re winning! Read on for some tips to use when it comes time to make your fantasy basketball choices, thanks to me, Wayne Baxtrom!
- Choose players that are versatile, and keep your roster balanced. This means that if one player lets you down one week, you have two others on your team to pick up the slack.
- Choose players from teams with strong leadership and from a franchise that is well run. Strong leadership means a positive team with satisfied players (and fans). Poor leadership means dissatisfied players who don’t care about doing their best for the team, whether they realize it or not.
- Make sure you choose the right power forward, one that can help in the 3-point category.
- Be diligent in arranging your lineup, and be proactive when trading and improving your roster. You can’t just set it and forget it.
- Pay attention to which players seem the most injury prone – don’t take a chance by adding them to your roster.
- Don’t wait until late in the draft to pick your point guards.
- Don’t overpay for a rookie – but don’t bet it all on a well-known player that may be past his prime.
If you’ve tried fantasy basketball and it was a disaster, not to worry. If you love the game as much as I do, you’ll learn quickly how to make the best team – and have fun doing it!